Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fear of the Dark

Fear. We've all felt it in one way or another. I went for a walk around 7:30 and it was just beginning to get dark. I got really jumpy all of a sudden and my neck tarted tingling. I kept walking but I noticed that every time I sa another person, I couldn't take my eyes off of them. When I looked at them I felt like they were the last thread that held me to sanity. That got me thinking about why everyone is afraid of the dark at some point of their life. I came up ith a fe reasons.

One reason is that e are afraid of what we can't see. No one likes the feeling that they're blind and helpless while their imagination stalks them through the empty streets. My imagination is my worst enemy and the horrible monster that lurks in my shadow.

Another reason is a sense of survival. This ties in with not being able to see or sense anything. Your intincts jut go berserk during this time and a gentle breeze can feel like some creature ripping at your flesh.

I also think that the fear is taught to you by your parents. They have always told you to stay home after sunset because the monsters outside ill grab you and eat you. Then, when you're older they expect you to just overcome those fears. Unfortunately you can't press the delete button and have everything go away.

These are the main reasons why I think that I'm afraid of the dark so forget the bed bugs and hope that you live through your dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I'll try.

    Even though Peter Facinelli is trying to kill me {in my dreams}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents never had to tell me that monsters were outside at night that would eat me, I made that up myself.

    Under my bed, in my closet, under my parent's bed, walking down my street, monsters were there.

    I wouldn't let myself have arms or legs hanging off of the bed incase they grabbed me.
    Even now, I have nightmares when I do.

    ReplyDelete