Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peer Pressure

I was thinking about how I really don't want to run today but that I would do it anyway and I started wondering why I do it. I think it's partially cause it make me feel kinda good and because it makes me more muscular but mostly for my looks. I know that my friends tell me that I look fine but it's others who affect my judgement.

I hate the fact that many people only appreciate us for how dumb we are and how big our goodies are. It's stupid how a D student would make fun of an A student when it should be the other way around. Many people dumb themselves down and never reach their potential just because someone makes them feel crummy.

Yesterday some boy called me a nerd and it really hit my self esteem. I came home and I felt like getting Fs in all of my classes. Then I remembered that, in the long run, it wouldn't help me get a good job or any of my other ambitions.

Still the effect of that one little comment made me rethink everything about myself. And when I see which girls are going out right now I see that they are pretty, skinny, and know how to flirt very well. I am none of those things so it's scary to think that my whole Middle School and High School experience will be filled with regret and jealousy at the social princesses.

I just hope that it turns out better. But I do know that words hurt more than anything else and can change the lives of everyone who is offended by them. That's why I won't criticize anyone on their looks and will focus on their actions. I don't want to be mean to anyone because if I hurt them as much as I got hurt, I would feel awful.

3 comments:

  1. It is so true what you said.

    Boys will only like the girls who are easy, to put it bluntly. When they figure out that the "pretty and flirty" girls are not worth marrying, they will get to us.

    You are beautiful. The boys will just like the girls that are easy, like I said before. We are beautiful, but we are not easy, we are the true types of girls that they will eventually marry and have children with.

    I think that it should be the other way around, the A students making fun of the F students. We are the smart ones, the ones that get good grades, so why not?

    I never criticize people on what they are wearing, ever. I have been criticized before, and it hurt. I know I might have taken it the wrong way or whatever, but it still hurt like heck.

    In the long run, the A students will be the people being accepted into the best colleges, when the F students are not even accepted into college.

    Try to keep this all in mind... I have it posted somewhere in my room where I look everyday. It is hard, but I believe that is why we are here.

    Did I write enough;)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have words of any wisdom, but I agree wuth everything blogged and commented!

    I've never really thought about it and it's so true! Hip-hip-hooray for being smart!

    ReplyDelete